Monday, September 21, 2009

Nice Reminder

Tonight the girls and I were driving home from my sister's house, as she watched the girls today while I worked and Sean is out of town hunting. We left around 8pm and it had just gotten dark. My sister lives out in the country, so it was extra dark on our drive. We were chatting away when suddenly we heard a huge bang on the van which frightened us all. We didn't see anything, but I was sure someone had thrown a very large rock at the van. The girls asked what the sound was. I told them I didn't know, but that it scared me. Since the windshield wasn't broken, we didn't seem to have any flat tires and the van was still running, we continued on.

A moment later Emma said, "Mommy, Jesus keep us safe." It was the perfect reminder to me! I was so impressed that at two, she knew exactly what to say. I responded telling her, "Yes Emma, Jesus does keep us safe. You're right. 'Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe'."

Not more than a mile later, I caught a glimpse of something in the road and slammed on the brakes ---just avoiding a large deer which scurried to the side of the road just as we were passing. Whew! We missed it fortunately. The girls were pretty excited to see a deer and discussed it the rest of the way home.

When we got into the light later I was able to check the van over, but couldn't find anything wrong with it from the big BANG we had heard earlier. Not sure what that was other than God reminding us that he'll keep us safe. "Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe!"

1 comment: