Monday, March 8, 2010

Nothing really

So I apologize I have not updated our blog in a month. I admit. I have been discouraged. My last post indicated that we were number 4 on the list for one baby and number two for two kiddos. However since then we actually moved DOWN the list instead of up due to varying circumstances with other families also in the adoption process. This was incredibly discouraging news to me, and I didn't have the heart to post here.

However Sean has been so amazing and encouraging to me. He gently reminded me that it doesn't matter what number we are on the list or how many families are ahead of us on the list. God has specifically chosen our daughter (or kids) to be a part of our family. This will all happen in HIS timing regardless of our number.

I contacted our agency again today for an update. We are now again number four on the list for a daughter and we are now number one on the list for twins. When we began the adoption process, it was explained to us that we may have to wait up to 10 months to be matched. When I inquired about this time frame today, I was encouraged to hear that they still anticipate we will receive our referral information within the estimated 10 month time frame -which would be by May 13 (but who's counting?)

Hoping to have more news in the coming weeks. Thank you for your prayers for patience (apparently having two two year olds didn't grant me enough patience) sanity and trusting in God's timing.

4 comments:

  1. Sean is a good man. We're praying for you guys!

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up, your sons will be home before you know it! Just kidding.... but I am cracking myself up as I type. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future." Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean and Christy you are both amazing parents as you demonstrate your love, care, concern, stability, and compassion with Abigail and Emma. They are few of millions that have this type of home in our world today.
    I know this will be the same with your new child/children that the Lord has planned just for your family.
    Sean, do you remember how long you waited for your baby sister---over six years! We all thought she would never arrive to make our family complete!
    Yes, the Muslim Courts of Law were not accepted in the USA thus slowing the process down; and, we were frontiers in this area from the Middle East. But hey, we got just the right daughter and sister that turned our world upside down in such a positive way!
    I am so glad the USA has relations with Ethiopia so that the 'wait time' is not more than a year. We will all welcome our new additions/addition with OPEN ARMS and it will be just the right fit for your family.
    Waiting is the hardest part of all.
    I just pray that once you KNOW and are ASSIGNED your new baby/babies the process will move quickly for the baby/babies so that they can begin being nurtured and loved by you both.

    ReplyDelete