Monday, July 26, 2010

3.5 days and counting...

We depart in 3.5 days -on Friday. I can hardly believe the time is FINALLY almost here.

We spent Saturday night getting packed, and are all packed -except for a few last minute type things. Our suitcases are under weight, which is pretty impressive. We did much better than anticipated!

I am feeling the pressure to finish up some things around the house and get things all organized for Grandma to take care of A&E while we are gone. The girls are excited, but getting a bit anxious for us to be away. They understand that Daddy & Mommy are leaving on an airplane to go to Ethiopia to bring Baby Sister home, but they don't understand how long we'll be gone. I think they are anticipating us being gone for a few hours -like on a work day. We have some fun things for Grandma to read to them and show them each day so they can hear what we'll be doing each day. Please pray for them regardless. I know they will be fine, but they will miss us a lot too.

Please continue to pray for Olivia and for the nannies who care for her. Pray for a smooth transition for Olivia as her life is about to turn upside down -different people, different sights, different smells, different sounds, different voices, different clothes, different bottles, etc. I cannot even imagine the heart ache this experience is for any adopted child. I mourn for the loss she has already suffered and for the loss she will suffer in leaving her birth country and everything she knows behind her.

Please pray for us -for safe travels, for strength, for energy (to adjust to the time change, to the sleepless nights due to anxiety, for the sleepless nights due to having a baby), for strength during our emotional times over the next several weeks, for compassion and for wisdom on how to care for Olivia during her transition.

Thank you all for your continued support!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. Thank you for being so specific with prayer requests. I am really moved by your description of Olivia's experience coming to America. It really resonated with my heart ... since I am in the midst of "newborn-ness" I can't imagine little baby Gavin going through such a huge transition. So, it just feels so real to think of what Olivia has been through and will be going through. Of course, it will all be so well worth it, but it is also good to honor her process and ask the Lord to provide His divine calming presence for her, even as such a young baby. I will be thinking of you guys a ton & praying in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of us in Ohio, this answer to prayer is getting much closer! Grandma and I continue to pray for safety and wisdom as you travel. We look forward to seeing Olivia soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying! So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and I willbe sending good wishes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete