Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting there....

Eleven shots plus two sets of pills (one set almost done and one set to go) later, we're almost completely vaccinated against everything you can imagine. Ok, not really, but it seems that way. Good thing we started our vaccinations so long ago.

Olivia's bag is PACKED -with the exception of a couple outfits my mom purchased for her especially with travel in mind which I don't have yet. Otherwise, it's completely ready to go and just sitting on the floor in her room ready to board the plane.

Our donations are packed and ready to go also. Thank you to all who have donated. We won't be able to take any more physical donations due to an issue we're having with luggage costs on a different airline, but we ARE still taking cash donations, which we will use to purchase items for the orphanage once we are in Ethiopia.

I started getting stocked up on diapers this week. Just when we were getting used to NOT buying diapers, we're starting over again.

All her clothes are washed and ready to go. Hand-me downs have been SO wonderful this time around. Thank you to all who have shared with us.

A & E attended their first Vacation Bible School this week at our church. Other than us leaving them each morning, they LOVED it and left completely exhausted.

I was called for jury duty two days before we depart, and NO I didn't request a deferment. It's not like they're requesting my presence while I am out of the country. I figured I owe it, and why defer it when it will happen anyway. Maybe they won't need me in that round anyway. Regardless life doesn't completely stop (although it may seem like it will).

I have my list complete. You fellow list-makers know what I'm talking about. It's my packing list. I have written down everything I feel like we need to pack, and I'm ready to just throw it in the suitcase and go.

A & E are so excited for their baby sister to come home. They talk about her often and sometimes even say, "Mommy, I want my Baby Sister to come home." It's so sweet. They have enjoyed helping me get her room set up and her clothes washed and organized. They will be such great little helpers!

We depart in less than three weeks. Our calendar is getting pretty full in the meantime as we're trying to get lots of summer type events in before we go.

Please continue praying for Olivia and the nannies who are caring for her. Please pray for loving hands and sensitive hearts to meet her needs until we can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment