Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One for the shots - Zero for ME

Last week I had round two of our immunizations -three shots. My appointment was Wednesday morning and the shots themselves weren't bad at all.... well considering they were shots. But you get the idea. But Thursday morning I woke up sore and feeling just plain yucky. After getting all ready for work, I crawled back into bed and contemplated what to do. I was feeling nauseous, but knew I had to go to work anyway. Maybe I was just being a big baby. So off to work I went. I struggled carrying my bag into the office cuz I was feeling weak. I had a fever with the sweats and goose bumps. I got started with my work, but very quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to make it. I could hardly think when someone was talking to me and couldn't focus. I had pain in both arms from the shots, but in my left arm it hurt up into my shoulder, my neck and the base of my skull. I was so stiff I could hardly move my neck. I ended up heading home before lunch and went right to bed. When I woke up I took some ibuprofen to help with the ache, but it didn't seem to help my throbbing headache. My evening I finally started feeling like I could function again. I still felt pretty yucky for the next few days, but am on the mend now and have nothing but a bruised feeling in my arm remaining.

Sean had his appointment today. I'm sure he was completely dreading it considering how the shots affected me, but hopefully he'll be in better shape.

2 comments:

  1. Boooo to shots, but YEAHHHH to one step closer! Sorry you got sick friend. They are fierce, no really I was in a fog when we had them done!!

    Tick Tock...Referral come please... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer that you got sick! I felt crummy for two days after my first round, 4 shots. I go back tomorrow for my second round, just one more shot. But, like Bethany said, it's one step closer!!

    ReplyDelete