Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sissy?

We have been talking to the girls a lot about the fact that they are going to have a new baby sister -trying to prepare them as best we can. We often ask them what they would like their baby sister's name to be. They've suggested Lauren (the name of their latest babysitter), KeeKee (which is "blankie" in our household 2 year old talk), "Sissy" and other common household item names. Each night we pray for "Baby Sister" and her birth family and ask that God keeps them safe and healthy. The other morning out of the blue Emma said to me, "I want it." I of course asked her what she wanted. She said, "I want baby sissy." I thought it was so sweet. Maybe she's starting to grasp the general idea of ANOTHER sister.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you both...can't wait for tomorrow for you! And I love that the girls are getting into it. Although it might be a long 10 months if everyday they "want it" : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that we attend the same church. We are adopting from ET too. I will introduce myself when I see you next. We will not be there this weekend but will the following weekend. How exciting! It is a small world.

    Christi Kitterman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi- I am so excited that you go to our church and I cannot WAIT to meet you! Unfortunately after this Sunday we won't be at church for the next several Sundays due to being out of town for various reasons. I would LOVE to meet you in person (or at least via phone or email) in the next week if possible. Could you send me an email at seanandchristy@comcast.net? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete