Thursday, June 18, 2009

Whew!

We had a small issue with our immigration paperwork due to an error on my part. When we submitted our application at the end of March, the instructions indicated to include your maiden name. Well I apparently missed the definition of the word "include" and only printed by maiden name and not my married name. Since we were applying as a married couple and I was listed as the spouse, I didn't think twice about it. Well when we received our notification of our fingerprint appointments the paperwork came in my maiden name only. I temporarily freaked out thinking this would for sure cause some serious delays in receiving our immigration approval and wondering if we would have to start the entire immigration process over. Well today we received good news from our case manager.... "It’s all taken care of – just go to the appointment on the 23rd and your married name will be placed on the file." I was ecstatic. I don't know what she did or what kind of connections she has, but she took care of it for us!

Our agency has been great to work with so far, and we're super excited we chose this one to assist us with our adoption. We loved the service we received when we interviewed them initially, and we were of course attracted to the much shorter wait times for a referral compared to many other agencies. Regardless of any kinds of delays we may have had or may have going forward, we rest in knowing that God has already chosen the little girl who will join our family. He knows exactly who she is and when she'll come home to be with us.

1 comment:

  1. WAHOOOOOOOO!!! That is fantastic! Way to be on top of it friend! Good job on part of your agency too!

    ReplyDelete